Interior Decorator / Colour Consultant

"Let me assist you with Colour Advice and all your Decor Queries..."































Sunday 4 September 2011

"Verandah Living"

I've been so out of touch these few weeks...I just feel like I need to slow down. The best place to relax and catch a breath is "My Veranda". I was sipping on a good cup of coffee and I started thinking about this Space. A small piece of "Get-away"...from our buzzing lives - work; kids; husband; family gossip; politics...etc...etc...I just needed to exhale and savour this moment. I needed to be surrounded by pleasing fabrics; colours; foliage and accessories. This is "My Space"...and I love to come here to gather my thoughts - Spiritually; Emotionally and Physically...so that I can get back on track... revitalised!

We all need a Space in our Homes where we can go to from time to time and just be...Whether we curl up with a good read in our Bedrooms or create a scrumptious spread in our Kitchens...this space needs to echo un-wind...It must be a space where we are most "Happy"...

With my Veranda being my Haven...I decided to feature a few "Pics" for Inspiration. I love the "Colour Scheme" of this Veranda as the Painted wooden Flooring and Shutters not only echo the same Hue but the Horizontal Design Lines are carried through Perfectly. The Crisp White of the balustrades; Chairs and Architraves stands out from the Greige Back-drop of the Wall Colour.  
Blinds are becoming ever popular on our Verandas as these create a Cosy; Private space. They are also functional in protecting our Furniture from the harsh sun's rays. Just ensure that the materials used are "Weather-proof" and "UV resistant" with all the necessary specifications like "colour-fastness and anti-mould" features etc...


"Veranda's are perfect Spaces for Entertaining" (Weather permitting)


                          
These areas create the perfect "Back-drop" for Scrumptious Breakfast or Brunch Spreads...as the Colour-schemes can be repeated in the Fruits, Floral and Savoury selections....Bright Fabrics and tableware can be co-ordinated around existing Furniture Pieces and the overlooking landscapes...

Lighting needs to be considered for Dusk settings as these Evening Sundowners can create an almost "Parisian Cafe" feel...

A "Swing Bench" is a Fun add-on to any Veranda
                                     
Love this "Colonial Feel" with the rope-ties and ceiling fan...and not forgetting the Large Palms. The large leave patterned fabrics and stripes are perfect co-ordinates for this Look.

This caught my "Design Eye" as Retro-styled furniture and Patterns are creeping into the Millennium.

The contrasting combination using the same Hues are interesting...and I love the additions of "Metallic" in the ottomans - It just "Glams" this veranda up.The side tables are a very interesting design and I love them grouped to stand-in as a coffee table. A touch of extra colour in the Scatter cushions create a clean; un-cluttered look to this Veranda. Love the carpet colour and Victorian take to the Pattern...almost giving an Eclectic finish to this Area.

Hope you're Inspired to "Re-do" your Veranda. Happy Decorating...'Til next time.FK:-)




No comments: