Interior Decorator / Colour Consultant

"Let me assist you with Colour Advice and all your Decor Queries..."































Monday 5 September 2011

"Sailor-made"



With Summer around the corner...I started thinking of "Fun activities" I could do to keep my almost three year old son entertained. He loves anything to do with the Water...so the Beach is always a Favourite. My Creative "Right side of my Brain" often drifts off  into other "Inspiring" ventures so I started thinking about everything and anything to do with the Sea - From the grains of the Sea-sand; to the deep red Corals; to the red and white Lighthouse at the Oyster box to the piece of drift-wood that has washed up to the shore...There is so much which you can draw from this Island of Nature...



Fun Themed Closet Doors (Design dazzle Blog)
 
 

Kid's Themed Party (The Party Dress Blog)
 


Beach Themed Wedding
  














I searched for a few Pictures of Inspiration to get those "Creative Juices" flowing...You could use these anywhere - for Kids Parties; Beach Themed Weddings; Beach Houses; Kids Bedrooms...the List is Endless.  The Best part about Decorating using this theme is that it is very hard to get it wrong...From Stripes to Checks (Red and all shades of Blue to Sea-sand Beige) to Lighthouse or Boat printed Fabrics the more "Beachy" the Better...Have Fun with this Theme as you are sure to enjoy that "Holiday Feel" the room gives off...:-)


Deep Reds and Optical White Coral Ceramics
  

"Inspirational Story board"
 

I found a few Pictures of one of the Front-window Displays that I had done of a "Little Boys Nursery" with the ever popular "Nautical Theme". Hope you like it...'Til next time FK.



"The Union Jack Scatter was a Fun addition."

"My Nautical Themed Front Window Display"


I enjoy adding a twist in every Theme - from the traditional "Boat Sketched" Wallpaper (which you can't really see clearly) above the shelf , to the duco-white "Boat-like" Sleigh Cot. The "Pod Chair" (a modern take to the hammock) is a fun piece for any kid leading them way into their teens.


xxxFK:-)




No comments: