Interior Decorator / Colour Consultant

"Let me assist you with Colour Advice and all your Decor Queries..."































Wednesday 14 September 2011

"Decor scrapbooking"

"Oh so Natural"

I often find myself looking through magazines and cutting and pasting pictures that appeal to me. I know one day I will either be drawn back here for inspiration - whether it be for a Display or a Client I am working with.

"Look to nature for Inspiration"

When I'm advising my Clients I tell them to search the Internet or look at Decor Magazines - start a "Scrapbook" - (Nothing fancy) just collections of Pictures that you are drawn to. You will find that a certain Pattern will flow - in terms of Styles;Colour-schemes; Furniture; Room Settings etc...This is a very good starting point for us Decorators as this narrows things down - it gives us a Prospective of your likes and dislikes.

"Pretty in Pink"


Try this it's great fun...

*The Pictures you look at could be a "Colour-scheme" that appeals to you -
"Look to Nature for Inspiration" -this is the Best Natural Resource we look to and see whether or not Colours work well together...
*It could just be an interesting piece of furniture - you might love the Craftsmanship or fabric that it is upholstered in (Cut it out and paste it)
*It could be a piece of Artwork that you would like to draw inspiration from - whether it sets a "Theme" to the Room or ties the Colour-scheme together.

"Take a Painting and draw Inspiration from it"
*The next step is to gather "Colour-Cards" that pick out all the Colours in the Pictures - You will see your Story-board come to life.
*You could even go a step further and add fabric cuttings and accessories to complete the look...It's that easy.

Then take your storyboard to your Interior Decorator and together you can start building on that dream Project...one step at a time...:-)Happy Decorating...'Til next time FK.
"Spring is in the Air"

Notes: You will notice from the Pictures I have selected - I love anything that is natural and organic. My favourite colour is Pink and  I am immediately drawn to anything and everything with Pink in it... I love texture, simple artworks,cherry blossoms and I am always looking to nature for Inspiration.

"Anything and Everything Pink"

No comments: